The Department comprises the following:
- Acquisition/ collection of important archival, cultural, and educational resources from various department and district headquarters.
- Management and reservation of Archival record of the Government.
- Preserved and managed record is offered for research, administration and planning purposes.
- Acquisition and preservation of private collections of historical importance, such as important tribal families papers.
- Acquisition and preservation of oral archives, i.e. collection of the sound recording of speeches, interviews of eminent provincial leader.
- Microfilming of sensitive records of Government and other private records of national importance.
- Acquisition and maintenance of Government printed material/ publication, newspapers, and periodicals.