- To protect the interest of air travel trade and allied services
- To promote tourism in Pakistan
- To serve as a forum for raising and advocating the Airlines, Government, and other regulatory and official bodies the issues / views of its members in the interest of the aviation / travel and tourism industry of the country.
TRAVEL AGENTS ASSOCIATION OF PAKISTAN
Travel Agents Association of Pakistan (TAAP)
Travel Agents Association of Pakistan (TAAP), established in 1974 having its registered Head Office at 115, Central Hotel Building, Merewether Road, Civil Lines, Karachi is an all Pakistan Based Trade Organization; leading voice and flagship of the Travel and Tourism Industry of Pakistan registered under Section 42 of the Companies Ordinance 2017 with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP); governed under Trade Organization Act 2013; mandated by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of Pakistan through its Directorate General of Trade Organization (DGTO) vide License No. 70.
South Zone Regional Secretariat looks affairs of Sindh and Balochistan while the North Zone Regional Secretariat looks after the affairs of Punjab, KPK and Islamabad Capital Territory.
VISION & MISSION
History & Values
Facilitator for Visas
with Various Foreign Missions
TAAP also facilitates its members in obtaining visas of friendly countries for the intending tourists / visitors as officially approved forum by the concerned Embassies / Consulates in Islamabad and Karachi.
Presently TAAP offering Thai and Malaysian visit visas from Consulate Generals in Karachi.
Liaison with Domestic Foreign Entities
TAAP, as the sole/Exclusive legitimate country-based Association representing the Travel Agent / Travel and Tourism Industry of Pakistan maintains liaison with all relevant Federal and Provincial Ministries, Aviation Division, Services Trade Development Council – Ministry of Commerce, Service Wing – Trade Development Authority of Pakistan, Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan, International Air Transport Association (IATA), Universal Federation of Travel Agents Association (UFTAA) various Airlines (domestic and international) and all other respective Governmental and Private Sector Authorities in Pakistan and abroad.
To protect, project, and promote the interest of the Aviation / Travel and Tourism Industry in capital cities, provinces, country, and elsewhere abroad.
To promote closer understanding and unanimity amongst travel agent’s fraternity, in and outside Pakistan, on all subjects involving common business interests.
To espouse the cause of private enterprise and to enhance its contribution to the National economy and socio-economic development of the country.
Scope of Work
- Interact with Federal and Provincial Ministers and Government functionaries to identify the problems being faced by the travel and tour industry and to help resolve them.
- Interact with diplomates, foreign missions, trade delegations, and dignitaries to exchange views on matters of mutual interest.
- To sign MoUs with International Counterparts to promote reciprocal tourism between Pakistan and friendly countries.
- Dissemination of relevant information to members to keep them updated on IATA, Aviation Policies, DTS Policies, Tourism Development in Pakistan.
- TAAP, arrange to furnish Financial Guarantees for its Members to IATA as required under IATA Regulations.
- TAAP, furnish Financial understanding for its Members to Non-BSP Carries / Airlines operating in Pakistan.
115, 1st Floor, Central Hotel Building, Merewether Road, Karachi-75530, Pakistan
+ 92 21 35656022
+ 92 21 35682748
+ 92 21 35214614
To Know More About TAAP Please Visit Its Official Website